At Last! It's back. "Canterbury's Crack and Peel®." At our store here in Wilmington we have had many customers for a number of years asking, "Why don't you have that garlic thing-y?" Well we went and after some work found the original producer of "Canterbury's Crack and Peel®" and we are proud that he has chosen The Vermont Bowl Company to produce and reintroduce to the market this much sought after heirloom kitchen accessory. Made from Yellow Birch our tried and tested American wood. It has a height of three inches.
- Made in Vermont by Vermont Craftspeople
- Tough, hand rubbed proprietary finish
- Hand wash and dry thoroughly
- Never soak or wash in dishwasher
OK, for those of you unfamiliar with the working of this item here's what you do.
1. Simply place the rounded top of the Crack and Peel™ firmly in the palm of your hand. 2. Lay the garlic clove on its side and place the flat end of the Crack and PeelTM on top of the clove. 3. Press down firmly until you hear a cracking sound. 4. The garlic skin can now be easily peeled off.
A bonus use for the Crack and PeelTM is to reverse it and use the round end as a pestle in a convenient bowl.
A handy item in any kitchen for herbs and seeds.
Complete with tag identifying your Canterbury's Crack and Peel® as the genuine original article and providing complete instructions for use.